Asparagus rolls are usually made with white fish fillets, but are also fantastic with chicken or turkey fillets. They are one of those dishes that impress us completely with their rich taste, even though we did not make much effort for the preparation.
And if we enjoy a glass of white wine with these spring bites, such as Sauvignon or Pinot Gris, this specialty with or without side dish will be perfect!
For 2 people.
- 2 chicken breast steaks (thinner)
- 8 asparagus
- 6 to 10 slices of bacon (about 50 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon bio
- 1 garlic
- some rosemary branches
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Clean the asparagus and chop the bottom of the wood by hand (you can save it for preparing asparagus soup).
3. Place the chicken steak on the work surface and add a little salt (do not overdo it, as the bacon is already very salty) and pepper to taste.
4. Place the cleaned asparagus on the steak and wrap the steak tightly around them.
5. Then on the work surface we place slices of pancakes next to each other (as shown in the picture), wrap them tightly around the roll and thus “glue” it to the meat that holds the roll.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, add a few slices of organic lemon, garlic and rosemary sprigs and quickly fry the rolls on all sides so that the bacon is crispy.
7. Then cover the pan with rolls (you can also cover it with aluminum foil) and place in the preheated oven and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes to fry the meat.
8. Serve the baked rolls immediately.