Do you know what pussy are? The probability of answering this question is high if you are from Dolenjska or the surrounding area. However, if you come from other parts of Slovenia, you will probably just smile, wondering what it is. Let’s say: pizza is a very common dish in Dolenjska pizzerias. They come from the pizzeria Eldorado, which closed last year and this week we talked Radom Finkwho baked the first pizzas a few years after the opening of the pizzeria in the village of Irça.
News: This is a pizzeria that is among the 50 best in Europe and the best in Slovenia (VIDEO)
He does not remember the exact date when he first baked it, but he remembers exactly which of the guests who first tasted the round, flat plate sprinkled with cheese and oregano exclaimed enthusiastically, “It’s not pizza, it’s pizza! ” And one. a new dish was born! As mentioned, he first lived in the pizzeria Eldorado, and then spread to Dolenjska.
This is how it was, explains Rado Fink: “We opened the pizzeria in 1994 and a few years later we tested new bakers. I rolled out the dough, sprinkled it with cheese and oregano. In order not to be harmed, I cut the plate into squares and offered it to the guests sitting in the bar “.
Details of preparation and service
He continues: “Everyone then copied the dish, but nowhere was it like ours. The dough should be a little thicker and softer and real cheese should be used. ” The plate is first cut into squares and later diamond-shaped pieces are formed, as it is easier to hold in your hand and soak them in one. of sauces. These sauces are an indispensable part of pizza. “Next to it we serve a sauce, which we put in the hamburger and it was made of mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard. “But again – here too we have to use the right products to get the taste we want,” smiles Fink.
The original form of the dish with an interesting name traveled through Dolenjska and experienced many variations, cheese was added to bacon, leeks, bacon, oregano, sausage, minced meat, grilled chicken, zucchini, peppers, hot dog, corn and others. “But it’s no longer pizza – it’s pizza without tomato sauce,” says Fink.
By the way: in Gorenjska similar dishes are known, but much older. In Tržič flika is smeared with sour cream and sprinkled with salt and cumin, while near Lake Bled it is known as posmodulja (or posmojevka). But none of them is as prevalent as modern Dolenjska pussy!
Pussy in my opinion
We used a proven pizza recipe for the dish, added an egg. If you do not choose, you can use a few tablespoons of oil or add a little more water. Since pussies are quite dry, the use of sauces is a must, let your imagination shine while preparing them! You can use mayonnaise mixed with a little ketchup and add a little mustard, as Rado Fink did when he first started serving this dish almost three decades ago. As we noticed at first glance and even checked in practice, the pussies go well with a glass of cold beer and if we serve a salad, lunch is already ahead!
For 2 to 4 people.
- 500 gr flour
- 3 dl lukewarm water
- 0.5 cubes of fresh yeast (20 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon level salt
- a few tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 to 4 punches over coarsely ground cheese
Let’s not forget
- sauces of your choice (sour cream, tartar, tomatoes, nacho cheese ()
1. Break the yeast in lukewarm water, add 3 or 4 tablespoons of flour and wait 10 minutes.
2. Pour the remaining flour into the bowl. Add salt, egg and yeast to the edge. Boil well and if necessary add a little flour. Form the dough into a ball and place back in the bowl. Cover with a napkin and let rest for half an hour for the dough to rise to twice its volume.
3. Then divide the dough into two parts, form a ball from each.
4. Preheat the oven with the baking pan to the highest temperature.
5. Meanwhile the breads grow beautifully and can be laid out in a circle (as for pizza) and placed on baking paper. Coat the top with a little olive oil and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool slightly and cut into squares. Serve with sauces like tomato sauce and sour cream.
We also recommend: Ice cream from Slovenske Konjice, for which people from all over Slovenia return
Photo: Špela Ankele