Graphic designer Sašo Šketa he started writing recipes eleven years ago, which was thought of more as a hobby. In recent years, recipe design has turned into a job to which he goes every day with a wide smile. Sašo, whom you may remember from one of the previous seasons of Slovenian MasterChef, is currently preparing two new cookbooks. We talked about what life is like, accompanied by hundreds of recipes.
“For the last four years, I have devoted all my time to developing recipes and creating culinary stories. I design these for myself and for outside clients. In our studio we prepare close to 500 recipes a year. “Currently we have about 1200 of them on the website, of which about 80 are prepared in video form per year”, he said.
The good fast food, which will be published next month itself, will be the fifth under his pen. There will be 82 recipes for all occasions. There will be, says the interlocutor, “quick lunches, late afternoon meals, cooking vegetables and meat, salads, delicacies with spoons, snacks and cakes.” I chose the dishes we often prepare at home. From a delicious and healthy meal at the end of a long working day to a Friday party with friends or cuddles for two in front of the TV. I covered all the possibilities with proven recipes that have fascinated me over time. ”
Asked if the book “Good Fast Food” will contain mostly new recipes or one already published, the interlocutor said: “The book contains most of the new recipes, but I got some of the best from the website and i I completed “.
We asked for three more things. Favorite food? “My favorite dish is pizza, which has taken on the role of Sunday lunch at home. “Apart from delicious food, an ideal meal necessarily includes good company.”
Favorite restaurant? “At the moment my favorite restaurant is Atelje”, says the interlocutor.
And a favorite ingredient? “Most of the time when I cook, I use tomatoes and curry is my undisputed favorite spice,” Sašo Šketa smiles at the end of the conversation.
Chicken in balsamic sauce with sweet potatoes
Recipe from Saša Šketa’s new book: Good Fast Food. We cook for 2 people.
- 2 chicken breast fillets (400 g)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon salt
- minced garlic clove
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Sweet potato puree
- 400 g peeled sweet potatoes
- spoons of butter
- 20 gr minced parmesan
- a quarter teaspoon of smoked pepper
- a quarter teaspoon of ground sweet pepper
- half a teaspoon of salt
- one-eighth of a teaspoon of ground chili
1. Place the chicken fillet in a bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, salt and minced garlic. Stir so that the meat is well covered with the marinade, cover it and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare the sweet potato puree.
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into small cubes. In a pot of cold water, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the boiled potatoes and mash them while they are warm with a fork or mashed potatoes.
4. In the still warm puree, mix the butter, minced parmesan, smoked paprika, sweet pepper, salt and chili and mix everything well.
5. Wipe the marinated chicken fillet dry with a paper towel.
6. Heat a large pan and melt 20 gr of butter in it.
7. Place the chicken fillets on top of the melted butter and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. During this time, the meat will turn golden brown and take on ripe edges.
8. Turn the meat over and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
9. When the chicken is ready, add 30 gr of leftover butter and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the pan.
10. Stir the sauce, reduce the heat a little and thicken it a little by boiling it (about 2 minutes). Pour the sauce over the chicken fillets and turn them over again.
11. Transfer the chicken fillets to a plate and toss over the rest of the sauce.
12. Serve with sweet potato puree.
Photo: Sao Šketa