In “Open Kitchen” we discovered some time ago that our readers like to prepare recipes that do not contaminate many dishes. And this time, too, we will only contaminate one and make a wonderful lunch from the two main ingredients we almost always have in stock. We will enrich the chicken and potatoes with lemon and soup base, but we will not complicate things further. The dish is prepared so quickly that it is suitable even for those days when we in the kitchen do not like to lie down. However, the end result will be exciting. A lemon note will add freshness if the basil continues to bloom in your windows despite the lack of sunlight, and its leaves will brighten everything. Good luck, we wish you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces of chicken thighs
- 400 g potatoes
- 357 ml base chicken broth
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel
- 80 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- some basil leaves
Heat the olive oil in a long cast iron skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes until golden brown. Then turn it over. Cut the potatoes into pieces and add to the pan and leave on the fire for another 5 minutes.
2. Pour the soup base over everything and heat until boiling. Turn down the heat and cover the pan. Let the dish cook for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
3. In a small bowl mix the flour and melted butter.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the peel and lemon juice and mix. Add the flour with the butter and mix in the sauce. Then return the chicken to the pan and heat it back on the fire to start bubbling. Let simmer for a minute to thicken the sauce.
5. Mix everything carefully, sprinkle on top of fresh basil and serve.
Read more: This will make the fried chicken meat much softer
Photo: Olga Mazyarkina / Getty Images