Asparagus risotto is usually cooked from rice, chicken broth base, onions, white wine, lemon juice and skin, butter and parmesan. As with all other versions of this Italian specialty, this one will only be good if you follow the classic rules. Massimo Bottura explained the most important things about the online MasterClass program and outlined how to act when adding asparagus to dishes. We are also attaching a recipe and a tip on how to cook this creamy delicacy a little faster.
News: These appliances consume the most electricity
Although the dish should be stirred during cooking, Bottura advises not to overdo it as it will become soft. Moderate observation and mixing is important to aerate it and prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Use a narrow pot
When cooking risotto, it is important that the rice grains have contact with each other, as they release starch during knocking. In a very wide or very large pot will lie on the surface, the temperature will not be evenly distributed, so the rice will not be cooked evenly.
3. Cook the asparagus separately
If you cook these green shoots together with risotto, it will become soft, even with threads, so it is good to cook them (even better to bleach them) in another dish and finally add them. dish.
4. Add the soup base slowly
The rice will absorb the liquid so slowly, releasing starch, that everything will become well creamy. Always wait for the previous one to soak completely before adding a new shoulder-based spoon.
5. Heat the soup base
Always cook risotto with a hot shoulder base, as the cold liquid cools the grains and interrupts the cooking process.
6. Cook the rice on the teeth
Boiled rice becomes a not at all creamy and chewy porridge. It’s hard to boast of the really impressive result and contrast that this Italian specialty requires otherwise: on the one hand, quite strong grains, washed with a very creamy base, full of flavor. Try and check the grain structure! When ready, remove the pot from the heat. It will still be hot enough in it that the risotto will be right for the dish.
7. Our rule: a quick but improved shoulder base
This rich juice, in addition to the convenient type of rice and quality ingredients, is the most important element of taste. But because we often do not have enough time for vegetable or meat bases to bubble in our stoves to fill soups, purees, sauces and risottos, soup cubes come to our aid. We recommend those made from organic ingredients, of course! We advise you to first add some vegetables to the pot, which would otherwise cook the base, add water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes and then enrich it with a cube.
Risotto with asparagus
- 200 gr risotto rice (eg arborio)
- half an onion, minced
- 1 dl dry white wine
- 1 lemon (juice and peel)
- 20 g butter
- olive oil
Quick asparagus base
- 1 liter of water
- 2 cubes of bio vegetables
- 1 but small
- a handful of cemaza or 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 gr asparagus
1. First let’s start with the base of the soup: We cut the leeks, as well as the asparagus from which we cut the wooden part. Chop the garlic or garlic. Shake everything in a small saucepan (except asparagus, add these last minutes), pour cold water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally add the vegetable cubes, stir to dissolve and leave the base of the prepared soup on low heat so that it is hot all the time while cooking risotto.
2. Pour a little olive oil into the second pot and fry the onion over medium heat. When this is soft, add the rice and increase the heat. Do not forget to mix. Once the rice is glazed, start to tease a bit and stick to the bottom of the pan, pour the wine and stir constantly.
3. When the rice has absorbed all the wine, reduce the heat to medium and start adding the base of the hot soup (liquid only). Slowly, spoon by spoon. Fill the base when the rice has absorbed all the previously added liquid, mixing it sparingly in the meantime. The mixture has two functions: to stimulate the starch in the rice to relax, which will help make it creamy, and to cook the rice grains evenly.
4. After about 15 minutes, grate the lemon zest in the risotto, squeeze the juice and mix. Let’s try how strong the rice is. Most likely, we will no longer need to add the soup base, as the rice will only need a few more minutes to cook.
5. Now remove the asparagus and other vegetables from the base of the soup (we may not consume all the juice) and mix everything together with a mixer. Let’s save the peaks. Mix the asparagus puree into the risotto.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and cover. Let the risotto rest for a few more minutes for the flavors to develop and combine.
7. Then mix with the butter and serve with parmesan and asparagus on top.
We wish you a good walk!
We also recommend: Sauces prepared in espresso, for which you need only 3 ingredients
Photo: Kristina Smodila